Choosing a career can be tricky….especially when we live in an age where robots are continually taking over the workforce. Follow these 7 helpful tips to help you choose the right career.
- Figure out what makes you tick. What does your personality say about work?
Take the Meyers Brigg Test. Once you figure out what your personality is based on your personality assessment, look at what occupations it recommends you pursue and consider these options.
- Discover your strengths. What you are really good at may be an indicator to the type of work you should pursue. Consider taking the Strength Finders Assessment.
- Create a list of 10 careers that interests you. Research all of them. Create a list of pros and cons with each career.
- Ask your parents, friends and teachers what they think you might be good at.
- Read books, blogs and articles about career choices. Check out The Career Chose Me….
- Narrow your list of 10 careers to 3 and then proceed to research these three careers by talking to people who work in these specific fields of work. Don’t be afraid to send emails or use social media to reach these people. You never know who might respond.
- Find ways to test out the career you are interested in. This might involve volunteer work, being an intern at a company or shadowing someone at their workplace.